Let's stop the global arms trade!
We are fed up with the global weapon industry and decided to design three actions to stop them - and thus to change the German law that regulates, or currently doesn't really regulate weapon export. Therefore, we let everyone vote what law we should pass on the the parliamentarians for them to discuss.
We also send the message to the US, as we know our American partners face a bit of a challenge at the moment. When the allies came to Germany after the war, they taught us pacifism,” Gertrude from Peng said. “We want to send this pacifism back to the United States as our way of saying thank you — because you need it.”
Click on the link for the full stories of the three coups:
- Merkels Party becomes Christian again and fights against the export of small arms
- Heckler and Koch launches a Nation-wide recall of all their guns in the US.
- We pranked ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems, One of the worlds Top 50 weapon manufacturers, and gave him a fake peace price. And he came. (The full Article is not yet online.)
In the course of the day, we will update this page and add English captions into the Video.
Wie wollen wir das Kriegswaffenkontrollgesetz verbessern?
- 1: Volles Verbot (Gesetzestext) (56%, 1,062 Votes)
- 2: Verbot der Ausfuhr von Kriegs- und Kleinwaffen in Drittstaaten ohne Ausnahme (Gesetzestext) (23%, 429 Votes)
- 3: Verbot der Ausfuhr von Kriegs- und Kleinwaffen in Drittstaaten mit Ausnahme der Positivliste vom Bundestag (Gesetzestext) (17%, 326 Votes)
- 4: Volles Verbot der Ausfuhr von Kleinwaffen, aber alles andere möglich (Gesetzestext) (0%, 9 Votes)
- 5: Alles möglich, wenig Chance auf Ausfuhr in Drittstaaten plus Negativliste von Drittstaaten plus Endverbleibskontrolle (Gesetzestext) (4%, 70 Votes)
- 6: Alles bleibt, wie es ist (Gesetzestext) (0%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,899Loading ...
How the hell did we pull this off?!
In October 2016, we happened to meet with the then Minister of Economic Affairs Sigmar Gabriel (SPD) on the train and asked him to make the issue of small arms exports to the election campaign topic. Six months later, the SPD has still not clearly positioned itself on the issue, so we are taking care of it now.
Together with the local state theater in Dortmund, we took six month to develop this campaign, worked together on how to unmask the shady weapons industry and spark a debate on German weapons export laws.
Three actions mentioned above came out: a CDU campaign against small arms exports, a recall of all Heckler & Koch weapons in the USA and the award of the peace prize for the weapon industry.
On 21st June 2017 the big gala will take place in Dortmund. We will evaluate the campaign, give insights into our work and the emergence of the actions. Until then, we will see how many parliamentarians we have been able to convince and publish the results.